January 19, 2010

Morning Stroll

I woke at 7 on a foggy morning, way too early even for a work day, and decided to go for a walk around the neighborhood.

This is the street I live on.



But, in this building.


And these are some typical morning scenes around my hood.










>album link

I definitely need to make it a mission to get to know the city more by foot. Since the weekday evenings get dark early and women don't go out alone after 6pm, I've only really seen the old, central part of Bhopal on site visits. And so far, the weekends have been jam packed with excursions out of the city. In fact, this weekend, I will be trekking out into a national park to observe some wildlife and even live with a native tribe for 2 days. Super pumped.

Hopefully, in the few weekends I have left, I can get to do some more urban exploring. Mumbai, and the Golden Triangle (Agra, Jaipur and Delhi) are on the agenda. Varanasi is looking probable. But it's pretty apparent that I will have to come back to India again. There are too many places and the country is huge!

For now, I am definitely enjoying my exclusive, non-touristy tour of Mahdya Pradesh, a State that is hardly ever visited by foreigners but has one of the most lush and diverse landscapes of the entire country. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment